The Halliday Cary Pick House, located at 360 North College Street in Auburn, Alabama, is the national headquarters for the Cary Center for the Advancement of Philanthropy and Nonprofit Studies. The house and many of its contents were gifted to the College of Human Sciences in 2011 by Mrs. Frances Pick Dillard and family.
Built in 1840's, the Halliday Cary Pick House is one of the oldest remaining homes in the City of Auburn. Dr. Charles Allen Cary, founding Dean of Auburn University's College of Veterinary Medicine, purchased the house in 1897. Members of the Cary family lived in the house until 2006 when Dr. Cary's daughter, Alice Cary Pick Gibson, died at age 101.
Because of its structural integrity, the Halliday Cary Pick House was selected by the Advisory Committee of the Historic American Building Survey as possessing exceptional historic or architectural interest and being worthy of most careful preservation for the benefit of the future generations. This record and condition has been deposited for permanent reference in the Library of Congress.